Barnes Design is currently recruiting a Practice Coordinator to join its Architectural and Interior Design practice based in South West London. At our SW17 studio we are a dynamic, close knit “family”, so team players are essential. We offer a relaxed, creative environment, but will expect you to work hard and play hard!
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as you will be liaising with clients, visitors, suppliers and staff at all levels. A flexible, friendly, can-do attitude is a must as you will be required to assist with all areas of the business. You’ll be one of the most important people at Barnes Design, taking a key role in all aspects of the company with room to grow and up skill in areas you’d like to concentrate on. No day is the same so being flexible is key!
Day to day Practice coordinator’s tasks will include:
· answering phones, greeting clients and visitors, preparing meeting rooms
· general office and administration duties
· some diary management
· dealing with post and couriers
· liaising with architects when support is required; organising documents for meetings
· keeping all supplies in stock;
· running the petty cash
· putting together planning applications
· social media
· new client project research
The ideal candidate:
· polite and friendly telephone manner
· well presented and personable;
· strong communication and writing skills
· attention to detail
· fantastic organisational capability; gaining satisfaction from a good-looking office space
· proficient in IT and software including Outlook, Word and Excel
· ability to take initiative and work autonomously
· positive common sense attitude; full of suggestions and a willingness to seize and complete tasks
A minimum of two years’ office administration experience but not essential to the role. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential, and you must have the ability to work alone and to take initiative. Overall you will have enthusiasm and willingness to help others. Experience of working within a creative industry is preferred.
If you are interested in joining Barnes Design, then please send us your CV, together with a covering letter explaining why you want to work at Barnes Design.
Ideally you will be available to start immediately, or with maximum one months’ notice. Salary is dependent on experience.